It’s been nearly 18 months since the last time I attempted a 7-day juice cleanse.
Actually, full disclosure, last time I ATTEMPTED a 15-day juice cleanse, but had to wave the white flag after just 6.
What makes me think I can do 7-days when I couldn’t even do 6 last time?
The difference is YOU.
I want you to join me on this juice cleanse that we’re calling “Spring Cleaning”.
What’s a Juice Cleanse?
It can mean a lot of different things to different people. For me, and what I’m inviting you to join me in, it is drinking nothing but the freshly extracted juice of vegetables and fruit (and, of course, water) for 7 days.
From Monday, March 24th through Sunday, March 30th, we’re going shake loose all of those winter toxins and get a fresh start on spring.
Normal digestion, especially with some of the over-processed products we put in our temple, make the body work overtime to simply digest and absorb the vital nutrients. A juice cleanse gives your gut the week off and helps you flush out all the crud that you’ve been holding onto.
What Will The Week Look Like?
- Drink 8-10oz glasses of fresh juice – four to six times a day.
- Drink plenty of water
- Exercise is OK… but you should take it easy… especially in the first few days.
- Check in regularly with our community on the Remodeling Clay Facebook page to share your experience.
Custom fit the plan and the recipe that fits you best.
If you can only do three days… do three days.
If you need eat on day five… do what you have to do.
We’re all about the best version of YOU. Trust your body!
What Do I Need?
You’ll obviously need a juicer. If you don’t have one, I’m going to list three recommendations based on different places you may be with budget and lifestyle:
- Starters ($25-50) – If you’re not sure you can do the juice thing, but you want to try. I suggest starting with one of these lower end models from Black & Decker (JE2200B or “The Big Mouth”). They aren’t as efficient, but they will do the job. I’ve owned both and they will make you a good juice with relatively simple clean-up.
- Solid ($100) – This Breville is a great machine. It will do everything you need it to do.
- High End ($200+) – If you think juicing may become a part of your lifestyle down the road, it will be worth it to invest in a high end machine. This Breville 510 is a monster of a machine and is perfect for daily use.
The only other thing you’ll need is community.
That’s what I want to achieve with this juice cleanse.
I want to bring a group of folks together to share in an experience.
Why not YOU?
I’m In! What Now?
Here’s your homework… oh yeah… there’s homework…
- Decide if you’re healthy enough to drink nothing but juice and water for 7-days. If you’re not sure, consult your doctor.
- Go to the Facebook Page and let us know you’re in.
- Get yourself a juicer. Whether you have to buy it, borrow it or dust it off. Be ready for Monday.
- Get your fruits and veggies. Hit a produce market. Good fruits and veggies make good juice.
- Drink lots of water. Start loading up now. Water aids in the detoxification process. Drink up!
It’s a great documentary and worth a watch if you’re wondering what juicing is all about.
What Should I Expect?
Short answer. I don’t know.
Your mileage may vary.
But, if you’re someone who has thought about it.
If you’re someone who has said… “I want to try a juice cleanse.”
Try it in community.
If it’s not for you, at least it won’t be for lack of effort.
Let’s do it together.
If you have any questions, please reach out to me here or on the Facebook page!!
Disclaimer (Because I have to…): I’m not a Doctor. I don’t pretend to be a Doctor. I didn’t even stay at a Holiday Inn Express. If you want to join us for the juice cleanse, know that you are doing it 100% of your own decision and will. Any information that I share is based solely on my own personal experience and not intended to be conveyed as medical knowledge. In other words, no lifeguard on duty… swim at your own risk.